Sunday 28 October 2012

Class not registered Windows 7 error

Some time ago I had a lot of problems with my Windows 7 that I could not find a solution to. Some of them were:

- opening a folder from uTorrent ('Class not registered')
- opening Network and Shering (dosen't open)
- opening System window (same)
- opening most of my Control Panel windows

I found a lot of solution that didn't work for me, but the only that did was on google chrome's bug tracker in this post, response #9.

The solution just repairs all the dll's on c: drive, if you have Windows installed on a difrent partition just change C: to whatever letter is your windows partition.

I recommend reading the post before running the command just know the risks and what to expect.

FOR /R C:\ %G IN (*.dll) DO "%systemroot%\system32\regsvr32.exe" /s "%G" 

3 comments:

  1. Thank you, this was a life saver.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is the right solution, thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I tried this but it makes my pc windows 7 too buggy so i decided to format :(

    maybe it s a solution for some of us but..make a backup first +++

    ps : my "class unrigistered" problem seems to have been due to the suppression of java JRE v 1.6 build 37 when updating to java 1.7

    ReplyDelete